Over 50 Years Specializing in Large Format Graphics & Product Identification Solutions
VMS has over 50 years of experience printing environmentally friendly UV inks on polycarbonate, polyesters, vinyls, and many other rigid and flexible substrates. VMS has an excellent reputation for manufacturing high-quality OEM identification products and large format graphics backed by exceptional customer service. Our technical sales staff listens to your special requirements and recommends the correct material and adhesives to make your product outlast, outshine and outperform your competition. Year after year, VMS is atop the annual lists for “Top Shops” in the custom printing and graphic communications industry, including recognition for our outstanding customer service and sustainable growth initiatives.
|1962||– VM Corporation Founded.|
|1982||– VM Corporation reaches $1 Million in Annual Sales.|
– Kahle Family buys VM Corporation, renames it to VM Decal.
|1986||– The Kahle’s rename VM Decal to Visual Marking Systems making a formal commitment to ensuring on-time delivery, quality, and supplier warranty programs which add value to the products we sell.|
|1987||– Relocated from North Royalton Plant (7,000sq. ft.) to Twinsburg (20,000sq. ft.)|
|1988||– VMS Acquires Velvetone Gallagher of San Francisco, CA. VG Specializes in overlays for Atari Gaming and POP for the oil industry and advertising market.|
|1990||– VMS has established a reputation in the OEM Market for Product Identification products.|
– 10% annual growth since 1982.
|1992||– Dolf Kahle promoted to President, Hermann Kahle to CEO.|
|1997||– VMS expands production, adding 30,000 sq. ft. to the existing 20,000 sq. ft.|
|1998||– VMS becomes among the first ISO:9001 registered printing facilities.|
– Digital is Born at VMS with the addition of Epson Wide Format printer.
|1999||– Dolf Kahle is named Chairman of The Specialty Graphic Imaging Association (SGIA). SGIA is the trade organization for specialty printed products.|
|2002||– VMS Acquires Globe Transportation Graphics, Baltimore, Maryland. Globe was the primary supplier of wayfinding signage, interior and external graphics for the public transportation market. They also specialized in printed POP materials for the advertising market.|
|2005||– Hermann Kahle Retires.|
– Dolf Kahle becomes CEO, LEAN Enterprise is formally incorporated. All Employees are fully trained and certified in LEAN principles.
|2006||– Dolf Kahle is named Chairman of the Board for SPIRE, a Roundtable network for CEO’s in the specialty graphic industry.|
|2007||– VMS creates the Product Innovation Team (PIT) to improve customers first experience with VMS.|
|2008||– VMS Receives the Evolution of Manufacturing Award for LEAN Enterprise by Smart Business Magazine.|
|2010||– Digital vs. Analog become 50/50 split for production.|
|2011||– VMS is honored for the Smart Business Customer Service Servant Award for the outstanding service and dedication.|
|2012||– VMS becomes the 37th Certified Sustainable Green Printer (SGP).|
– VMS is honored, for the second year in a row for the Customer Service Servant Award by Smart Business.
– VMS receives the inaugural Summit of Sustainability Award from Akron City Mayor and Ohio Summit County for VMS’ commitment to sustainability and its impact on the community.
|2013||– VMS becomes first business member of APTA for Gold Sustainability Commitment.|
– VMS receives the second Evolution of Manufacturing Award for sustainable growth.
– VMS introduces a roll label product division and product line.
– VMS earns Professional Decal Application Alliance (PDAA) Certification as a MAster Certified Installation Member Company. Chief Operations Officer, Ron Gizzo is appointed to PDAA Steering Committee.
– VMS is ranked 12th on Wide Format Imaging’s list of Top 40 printing shops.
|2014||– Dolf Kahle is honored as one of Smart Business Network’s 50 Smartest People.|
– VMS creates a Fleet Division to better serve vehicle graphic and large fleet customers. Opens Second Facility 8,000 sq ft. Installation & Removal Services.
– VMS adds a second shift. Along with the existing first and third shifts, VMS now has 24/5 production capabilities.
– VMS Develops Vinyl Removal System (VRS) for advanced mobile vehicle and graphic removal services.
– VMS is ranked 11th on Wide Format Imaging’s list of Top 40 printing shops.
|2015||– Dolf Kahle is appointed to the Digital Graphics Group International (DGI) Board of Directors.|
|2016||– VMS expands vehicle graphics removal services by adding a second Mobile VRS Unit.|
– VMS is recognized as a Chamber Champion by the Twinsburg Chamber of Commerce.
– Dolf Kahle is named Business Person of the Year by Twinsburg Chamber of Commerce.
|2018||– VMS acquires and expands Badlime Promo & Apparel|
Badlime Promo & Apparel offers Heat Transfer, DTG, Embroidery, & Screen Printing processes.